Software Request GuidelinesFor your software to be installed, fill out the software request form with the required information. Please review these guidelines before proceeding.
Please make software installation requests two weeks prior to the beginning of the semester that you need the software. If you need software installed during the current semester, please give at least six weeks notice. It is difficult to install software during the semester and installation may take longer than six weeks.
Students wishing to request software should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Computing & Information Services (CIS) and LAN Systems Support (LSS) are responsible for adhering to copyright laws for software installed in the Open Access Labs (OAL). LSS reserves the right to refuse software requests for security reasons. Any software found to violate laws regulating the distribution and use of software will be removed. Please ask your vendor about concurrency and software metering when you are planning a purchase.
Software Installation Requirements
- Submit your request six weeks before you need the software for your class.
- Your primary and secondary contact must be a faculty or staff member at TAMU.
- Bring the software (compatible with Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.6) and proof-of-purchase.
- Obtain a copy of the license agreement allowing for at least 30 concurrent users with no limitations on server installations.
- You must provide the same number of license agreements that you plan on running in the labs. For example, if your license allows for 50 concurrent users, you must provide 50 license agreements.
- A concurrent license agreement is preferred.
- The licenses need to be for the Open Access Labs and not shared with any department.
- Bring your signed Software Installation Request form.
In order for Help Desk Central to provide support for the requested software, adequate documentation must be provided. Please contact a Help Desk Central representative for more information by phone at 979.845.8300 or email email@example.com.