AggiePrint is a tool that allows on-the-go printing to the Open Access Labs print kiosks from smartphones, laptops and virtually any device with email capabilities. To get started, send a file you want to print to email@example.com. All Texas A&M students, faculty, and staff can use AggiePrint.
Mobile printing is available from anywhere. Once you submit your print job via email, you can pick up the printouts at any mobile-enabled print kiosk. You must pick up your printout within two hours of submitting it.
Not all OAL Kiosks are mobile enabled yet. The mobile print capability will continue to be added to OAL kiosks over the summer. Look for the Mobile Enabled sticker at kiosks located at:
- Academic Building Room 124
- Evans Library (1st Floor Reading Room)
- Horticulture & Forest Science Building (Room 119X)
- Memorial Student Center 1st Floor
- Medical Science Library (EC)
- Student Computing Center (2nd floor kiosk)
- West Campus Library (3rd floor kiosk)
- University Apartments Community Center (UACC)
1) Email a file to Aggieprint@tamu.edu with your desired print materials attached. Accepted file types include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, PDF, Images, TXT, CSV and RTF. Files must be less than 50 MB.
2) If you’ve never sent a file from a particular email address, you will receive an email from AggiePrint with instructions on how to register your email. If you are sending from a registered email address, you will receive an email from AggiePrint when your files are ready to be printed.
3) Go to any mobile-enabled print kiosk on campus and release your prints. Print jobs will be stored for two hours. Note: The cost of these prints will be deducted from your TAMU print balance once you release the prints from a print kiosk. To learn more about print kiosks and their locations around campus, refer to the Print Kiosk section above..
For additional help with AggiePrint, visit:
For additional support, please contact Help Desk Central at firstname.lastname@example.org or 979.845.8300.