Video WorkstationsThere are four video workstation PCs in the Student Computing Center (SCC) and two in the West Campus Library (WCL). Each station provides a dedicated video drive with 1 Terabyte of memory. Devices are available to view video from miniDVs and VHS tapes. If you are bringing video on a device other than the two listed (such as a video camera), you must bring your own cable to connect to the computer. DVD and full-sized DV tape formats are NOT available.
- Adobe Premiere ProCS4
- Adobe After Effects CS4
- Adobe Audition 3
- Adobe Encore DVD CS4
Reservations should be made in person with a photo ID on a first-come basis.
What to Bring
- Photo ID
- Media you want to digitize
- Portable storage devices such as DVD, flash drives, hard drives or CDs
- Any USB or S-Video cables and auxiliary items for personal cameras and other equipment that you will be using
- Final output media such as a DVD, VHS or CD
Graduate Assistants and trained video workstation attendants are available for help with the video workstations. Support times and dates are posted at the resource desk in the lab.
Support is not usually available at night or on the weekends.
- Editing video is TIME INTENSIVE, especially if you are a first-time user.
- Each computer has its own V: (video) drive where your projects and media are stored. You cannot transfer projects or files from computer to computer without external storage devices such as a DVD or personal portable hard drive.
- The storage on each computer is TEMPORARY!! Please see Temp Drive Information for policies.